Murano Glass  Forums  

Go Back   Murano Glass Forums > What is it worth? / Is it real?

Old 04-14-2007, 07:38 PM
mirian

Default Girolamo Luxardo Ardo

Hi

Subject: BOTTLE OF ARDO CHERRY WINE CIRCA ?

Hello we have a bottle of Cherry Italian Wine by GIROLAMO LUXARDO ARDO it has being in our liquor cabinet for about 38 years

It's in excellent condition

The most interesting feature of this bottle is that it has a clock in the centre of it . A Mercedes clock directly in the centre of the bottle (still in working order) . On the back of the Mercedes clock there is a small print that reads West Germany. I have never seen a bottle like this. And I am not sure of the age.

Any information you might have on it would be appreciated.

Kind regard
Mirian Camacho
Mob: 0416 037 046
Old 04-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirian View Post
Hi

Hello we have a bottle of Cherry Italian Wine by GIROLAMO LUXARDO ARDO it has being in our liquor cabinet for about 38 years

The most interesting feature of this bottle is that it has a clock in the centre of it . A Mercedes clock directly in the centre of the bottle (still in working order) . On the back of the Mercedes clock there is a small print that reads West Germany. I have never seen a bottle like this. And I am not sure of the age.

Kind regard
Mirian Camacho
Mirian, Welcome to the forums! We have had a couple of posts on GIROLAMO LUXARDO ARDO wine and their unusual bottles, but I believe it was determined that they were not Murano glass, rather unique molded bottles that changed designs from year to year. Someone posted a picture of a King Tut ardo bottle within the last year. Check ebay to get a general idea of how much it may be worth. Good Luck!

Visit the Murano Label Library

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fossilfly
Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 AM

Smile Luxardo Clock in bottle

Hi, I just stumbled upon this site when searching for Luxardo Bottles. I have 3 of these particular bottles, 2 full and sealed mint liqueurs and 1 filled with some yellow liquid but has no label.

I emailed the Luxardo company last year and they said that they are from the 1960's and were sold as collectables. I have seen some sell on ebay for over 400 euros but mine cost me no more than $70 AUD. They are very interesting and if you have a sealed bottle thats even better as most I have seen for sale are empty and have no labels.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Dean View Post
Hi, I just stumbled upon this site when searching for Luxardo Bottles. I have 3 of these particular bottles, 2 full and sealed mint liqueurs and 1 filled with some yellow liquid but has no label.

I emailed the Luxardo company last year and they said that they are from the 1960's and were sold as collectables. I have seen some sell on ebay for over 400 euros but mine cost me no more than $70 AUD. They are very interesting and if you have a sealed bottle thats even better as most I have seen for sale are empty and have no labels.
Thanks for the posting! I added your info to another thread, as someone else has a similar bottle, but not from Luxardo. 400 euro, not bad! How many different bottle styles were made? I'm sure a few new styles came out per year... I might have to start collecting them
Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Hi, I just found this forum and this is my first posting.
I have a Luxardo glass decanter in front of me right now - it is a clear dark amber base made to look like a rock and a very large white/pinkish fish for a stopper (the fish is 9.5 inches long and 6 inches tall). On the bottom, acid etched in, are the words "Made in Murano (Italy) for Luxardo 1969". Thought you might be interested as this one was definately made in Murano.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:54 AM

Default cherry wine clock bottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirian View Post
Hi.I also have exactly the same unopened sealed cherry wine bottle.Did you find any information on it and the valuation? Kind regards Sid

Kind regard
Mirian Camacho
Hi.i have exactly the same unopened cherry wine bottle clock.Did you get any info on it re valuation etc?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Default cherry wine bottle clock

I also have a unused and sealed Girolmao Luxardo Torreglia(Padova) cherry beverage clock bottle.The clock is a Mercedes(made in Germany)and is in full working order.It is a unique piece and im trying to find out the value of this piece.Can anybody help?
Old 07-25-2009, 04:46 AM

Smile Italien Cherry Wine Clock Bottle

Hi, this is Swigwam! Do You got some News about this Bottle? I really would appriciate, if You could tell me something about it. Also You can send it to my E-Mail: mfranzke@tampabay.rr.com
Thank You very much, have a great Weekend, many greetings, Your Swigwam
Old 03-10-2010, 09:54 PM

I'm sorry to be three years late in responding to this thread but while researching a future article on Luxardo bottles for my Italian Pottery Marks Forum (http://italianpotterymarks.freeforums.org/) I stumbled upon this inquiry. Back in the 1950's and 60's there was an international Luxardo Bottle Collector's club. I am fortunate enough to own a rare copy of "Luxardo Bottles-Identification and Price Guide" by Constance Avery and Al Cembura. It is dated 1968.

The Clock Bottle - The bottle without the clock was produced in 1959 and became known as "Doughnut Bottle. The "Clock Bottle" made its first appearance in 1960. It proved so popular that it was reissued in 1962, 1967 and 1968. The estimated value, in 1968, was $12 to 15 dollars (U.S). I have seen some examples now going for ten times that original evaluation.

Murano Glass or Not? - According to the Guide's authors "It is Murano that the Luxardo Company has chosen throughout the years and continues to select the lovely Venetian glass decanters that carry their many fine products to ports around the world" (page 22)
It should also be noted that the authors make mention of the fact that variations in these figural decanters is to be expected as they were "hand made".

I hope this information is of some help.

Walter Del Pellegrino