Murano Glass  Forums  

Go Back   Murano Glass Forums > What is it worth? / Is it real?

Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Default "HELP" Seguso vetri d' Arte ?

Hi All, New to the forums and greatful to have found this site,I'm an avid collector of Murano and Czech art glass,I have pieces designed by Barbini,Fratelli Toso, Poli, etc...
I'm stuck on a piece I purchased from an elderly couple that are heading into assisted living.They traveled extensively through out Italy in the mid 50's 60's and 70's. I purchased 2 Barbini robins egg conch shell ashtrays, and a large Barovier & Toso tutti frutti bowl a medium sized seguso vase and the large vase attached.
I have searched my books, the web with no luck.The couple could not tell me much about many of the pieces, They simple purchased what they where attracted to.
This vase is Stunning, fantastic free form ,it measures at 16 " tall and weighs almost 12 lbs, it is beautifully crafted with 4 colors of strands of glass that where stretched and the colors blend perfectly together. there are copper flakes that are in the lower portion that swirl upwards to mid point, a polished based with age wear. the lip is rolled and has a few bubbles within the glass near the lip edge from being formed, the body is fairly void of any bubbles.I'm just at a loss in general ,however fairly certain this is not of czech origin.

Any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated, I will gladly share my knowledge with others if I can be of help.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:40 PM

I replied to the Archimede Seguso thread, so I won't repeat. This is not the style of Seguso Vetri d'Arte, either.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 PM

OOPS sorry for the double post did'nt think the others went thru
Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Hi and welcome! Your vase looks very contemporary to me. I noticed the avventurine in the vase and it is not very vivid looking to my eyes, but then it could be the photo. I suspect the vase is not Murano in origin.

tam bam
Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 PM

Thx Tam and Tex, for some input, The folks I bought some of these pieces from where fairly disheveled in facts. I just liked the piece and figured it was worth their asking price.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:47 PM

As long as you like the piece is all that matters.

tam bam