Murano Glass  Forums  

Go Back   Murano Glass Forums > What is it worth? / Is it real?

Old 02-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Default Needing Help Identifying the Artistof my glass

I recently had a house fire and am trying to put together a detailed inventory for my insurance company. I purchase a glass inkwell and pen set in Venice the summer of 1999. This piece never had a sticker label on it, but it does have a signature on the bottom. I do not remember the name of the tiny glass store but I do remember that the lady said that he (the artist) had just made the piece the day before.

If anyone has any suggestions of who the artist may be and where I may be able to come up with a value. I paid between $300-$350 in 1999. Thanks for any information you can provide. I have also attached some pictures.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Wow. Sorry to hear about a house fire. Hope everyone made it out OK. Regarding the signature, does it say A. Boso Co ? The name doesn't ring a bell, but I just want to make sure that I'm reading this correctly.

Visit the Murano Label Library

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fossilfly
Old 09-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for responding. The signature is difficult for me to read as well. We think it says Bosco but not sure what the last letter following the signature is. I just saw you had responded to me back in March. As you can imagine it has been a hectic year, especially since I gave birth to my son 3 weeks after our house burned down. This piece looked like nothing else I found in Venice. Which is why I think I am having trouble finding the artist. It is crazy everything you have to do to get your insurance to pay you for your contents. Any other suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM

im thinking the signature may be Boseo or Bosco??
Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 AM

Hi Nichag Your item was made by Andrea Boscolo ,its typical of his work candleholders and like ,born in 1959 trained with Rino Taliapietra & Ermano Nason he has studio/shop on Island of Murano and is quiet prolific with works in other galleries.Sorry to here of your difficulties .Cliff

Last edited by artifice; 09-24-2011 at 07:38 AM..