Murano Glass  Forums  

Go Back   Murano Glass Forums > What is it worth? / Is it real?

Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 PM

Talking Camer Glass Vase or Decanter? Murano?

Hello All,

I had inherited this lovely piece from a family member. I'm not exactly sure as to the history so I was hoping to get some help on this one. It looks to be either a decanter or a vase. Not exactly sure. It's about 3.5 inches tall and about 6.5 inches wide at the base. The gold flaked bumps are blown within the piece and do not protrude the outer layer of glass. Label on the bottom reads Camer Glass, New York, Made in Italy. It also has a number on it which leads me to believe it's authentic Murano.

Any thoughts as to the age, make, or value would be very much appreciated as I can only get so far on my own by searching the internet. Also do you think it's a Vase or Decanter?

Thanks,
Svo202002

Old 05-18-2010, 12:24 AM

Alfredo Barbini did a good number of pieces for Camer Glass. The vase looks like it could be one of their designs. It looks like a vase to me. The shape of the mouth doesn't look like it would have had a stopper. Is there any evidence that there was a stopper?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 AM

Talking

No, there is no evidence that there was ever a stopper. Thank you so much for your feedback. It is very helpful. Any other information or advise would be helpful.

Thanks,
svo202002
Old 05-18-2010, 09:26 AM

The vase is fairly small, so I expect it would attract bids in the $50-100 range. Someone else may have a better idea of the value.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Administrator

I agree that its most likely Barbini; Weil imported a large quantity of Barbini glass over the years. I think its most likely a vase, but could possibly be one part of a vanity set.

Follow this url for more information and photos of Vanity sets, some also made by Barbini.

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/tags.php?tag=vanity+set

Visit the Murano Label Library

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fossilfly
Old 06-03-2011, 05:15 AM

Cool Pink glass bottle/vase

I know what this is! It is an atomizer bottle form the late fortys or early fifties! There is a pink atomizer that sits on top with a glass cork and brass cap. Pink of course! Meant to make you feel like a movie star. Upper class sales. My Aunt has one! When completely used up it was meant to be a bedside vase. Hers still has the functioning atomizer and it still works! Uses it when she has a hot date...