Murano Glass  Forums  

Go Back   Murano Glass Forums > What is it worth? / Is it real?

Old 10-01-2009, 01:37 PM

Default Murano clock

Here i have a 12inch by 12 inch murano clock from 50/60s all glass with what looks like sprayed on felt to rear works sunburst pattern slightly curves in at corners wonder if anyone has had similar . Was purchased from hotel in Rimini during refurbishment in1974.Gives the impression of being metalic The label reads shcisa murano glass A 60s designer who combined precious metals with glass., so i presume its gold&silver foil under glass. If your interested google shcisa murano and bruber gallery is there displaying current works
Attached Images

Last edited by artifice; 10-01-2009 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 05:13 PM

WOWEEE!!! What a clock!!!!!

tam bam
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Whoeee

Thanks for your comment Tam bam ,i have found the gallery in italy that still sells this artists work i have emailed them with pics ,its called the bruber gallery murano ,see if they can say anything about it
Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM

That is soooo sooo retro.

I could sell that to my friends who have antique shops on Melrose (CA) in a heart beat.

Fantastic clock. That is a keeper in my book. It is something you are not going to replace very easly.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:18 PM

Good comment R.stocker I consider the question,am i likely to find another one when thinking of selling,and the answer in this instance is clearly not .When i bought it it was highly unfashionable,and now with the retro market it is desirable.I liked it then ,I like it now. I only found out recently that it comes from a high end artist. I paid pennies for it then and only bought it cause I liked it the best reason of all I think.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:48 PM

I just checked out the Bruber website. He has some extraoridinary pieces. This one is my favorite.

http://www.bruber.com/en/prodotto.asp?ID=57&cat=Vetro Artistico

tam bam
Old 10-02-2009, 07:11 AM

Good choice tam bam i notice they are no prices ,i think its the case if you need to ask you cant afford scenario , my little piece I can remember cost 500 lire in 1974 ,i picked up from the hotel foyer where i was working .at that time they renovated hotels with guests still in place.I asked the builder what he wanted for it ,he looked as though he was going to say just take it, then thought i might as well have drink from it and said 500 lire then 200lire bought a pint of beer . I was 17 teen then the good old days

Last edited by artifice; 10-02-2009 at 08:21 AM..
Old 10-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

A beautiful piece! It reminds me of a sunrise. Thanks for the info on the Bruber site, I had not visited there before.

Visit the Murano Label Library

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fossilfly
Old 10-06-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Good choice tam bam i notice they are no prices ,i think its the case if you need to ask you cant afford scenario , my little piece I can remember cost 500 lire in 1974 ,i picked up from the hotel foyer where i was working .at that time they renovated hotels with guests still in place.I asked the builder what he wanted for it ,he looked as though he was going to say just take it, then thought i might as well have drink from it and said 500 lire then 200lire bought a pint of beer . I was 17 teen then the good old days
Although you are younger than I am Europe was fun when we were young. I pait $1382.36 for my first VW bug without a radio and it cost $100 to ship it from Germany to Toleto OH. Now I can't get to Toleto for that. LOL I always hated the 50's, on styles. Something has happend to me of late. I am starting to like some of it because it is so different. I found several old Murano clocks sense I have seen yours. I picked up a newer one that is more contemporary. Your clock reminds me of the times. I skipped the late 60's and whent right to adulthood. I never did drugs or liked the music. I still am a lover of Jazz and big band along with do op music. I am glad I missed all those days. I enjoyed my family and life then. I was young and acted like I was over 30. LOL Got to love your clock. I don't know the value but it would be a good seller.