Murano Glass  Forums  

Go Back   Murano Glass Forums > Murano and Venetian Glass Forums > All things Murano!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:31 AM

Default Silver and Blue Labels

Hi all............................Rummaging through the basement last week for somerthing, I ran across a generic piece of glass with a silver and blue Murano sticker. It reminded me of some of the extra stickers on one of my Cenrdese pieces! The colors of the labels are the same. Some aspects are very similar or almost the same. The colors of the labels in the pictures would be the same if I mastered the technic of photography!! The picture of the single label shows the truest colors. The labels are foil on paper. Any resposes will be greatly appreciated! OH, and I also found two bottles of Cognac and a bottle of Teguila! Tomorrow, on my birthday, I will find out if they are any good yet........................Jerry
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Hi. I have both of the labels in the label library but on separate pieces. I have never been able to positively ID and attribute the "Rooster" label, but I think it may be an importers label. However, an identical copy of the long narrow label was found on an Cenedese uranium glass cat here:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=1565

Here are pictures of the labels:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/albu...5&pictureid=90

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/albu...5&pictureid=48

There is also a thread with the Rooster label on a Drioli bottle here:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=1689

It seems that the "Rooster" label is an importers label....would be great to verify. Does anyone else have any info?

Visit the Murano Label Library

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fossilfly

Last edited by fossilfly; 09-10-2009 at 03:52 PM..
Old 09-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Thanks Charlie! I notice that the Drioli label with the rooster /'AS' is similar to my single picture which also has an 'AS'. Murano rooster label 48 also has an 'AS'. Long label 90 matches the long label on my double label picture, which came from a piece of Cenedese uranium glass that I posted earlier this year! But, as you can see, my rooster has an 'AB'! I wonder what 'AS' or 'AB' mean or stand for!! I would lead you to my post, but sadly I don't know how!............Jerry
Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 PM

I don't know what these letters stand for. I have an Archimede Seguso bianco nero dog that has a square label like this with a BD on it. My label might be an add-on. The dog looks like early 50s, but the label looks shiny and new.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 AM

Default Silver and Blue Labels

Hi Jerry,

Might be able to help you with more information on the silver and blue Rooster label. On p112 of Italian Glass Century 20 by Leslie Pina is a photo of the label. It's the import label for Raymor who were a New York based importer of modern decorative arts in the mid 20th century.

Hope this helps
Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM

I didn't realize it was also the import label used by Raymor. Galliano Ferro use as an import label as well. I have a fish by Ferro with the rooster label on it. Thanks for teaching me something new today Glassprincess.

tam bam
Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 AM

I'm not sure that it's an import label for Raymor. Pina says the piece is "likely by La Murrina, imported by Raymor," which is ambiguous. The label has "BP" on it. I'd expect Raymor to add its own label.

I guess I'm still attached to the idea that the label is a precursor of the current Promovetro label with the two letters identifying the company. Of course, I've been wrong before, even this evening.

David