Thread: Replacement piece - effect on value ??

Default Replacement piece - effect on value ??

I want to purchase a set of Formia birds, but one is damaged. I often see individual ones for sale, so I thought I could replace the damaged one to complete the set. My question is, what effect would that have on the value of a Limited Edition set ? Even though I'm not buying to resell, I do want to know the ramifications of replacing the one piece, which has suffered a lot of damage.

Thank you for any help or advice !

Quote Originally Posted by NiiteMajick View Post
    I want to purchase a set of Formia birds, but one is damaged. I often see individual ones for sale, so I thought I could replace the damaged one to complete the set. My question is, what effect would that have on the value of a Limited Edition set ? Even though I'm not buying to resell, I do want to know the ramifications of replacing the one piece, which has suffered a lot of damage.

Thank you for any help or advice !
    Hi. I do not think that it will affect the value, as many times the items are sold separately, not only as a set. So a replacement is a viable option, to make it complete.
    ----Tina----

Thanks ! I'm gonna give it a shot... it's a little scary when you're talking about a large amount of money, but I NEED them ! LOL I do want the set complete though. I appreciate the input !

Quote Originally Posted by NiiteMajick View Post
    Thanks ! I'm gonna give it a shot... it's a little scary when you're talking about a large amount of money, but I NEED them ! LOL I do want the set complete though. I appreciate the input !

I think you will be fine with the replacement piece as well. Birds are often sold individually or as a pair, not exclusively as a pair.