Thread: Spam!!!!

Default Spam!!!!

Would the moderator please do something about all this spam that is appearing on the site.

Thank you
    Jeff

I'd like to second that, well said!

Default spam on Fossifly

Just found by chance that the site now has a facility for giving an infraction for the mountainous amount of spam we have been having.

1. Click on persons name where the spam is
    2. view profile
    3. Click on infraction
    4. click on give infraction
    5. click on spammed advertisements
    6. click on inappropriate spam
    7. then type in the large reply box SPAM OR ANY other comment connected with the spam
    8. then give infraction
    I don't know if it will deter spammers but hopefully we can get back to the site we once had.

Malley

Hi malley, Another member and myself have already done this. Let's just hope the moderators will take care of this!
    Jeff

Default spam

Hi Jeff, yes I did see the other log infractions but don't know how many infractions it takes to suspend the person from the site. I have ,as you probably have been trying to get an answer via emails to the site moderator and others but have not had any replies.
    I just hope we can get back to a decent site it might mean we as long time members that we have to keep logging infractions for spam related items but log them for every item that is posted by the infraction person, BUT IT TAKES ALL THE MEMBERS to do this on a regular basis to achieve anything.
    regards

Malley
    Last edited by malley; 05-18-2017 at 03:47 AM.