Thread: Can someone help me identify this piece please? Is it murano? Is it Italian?

Default Can someone help me identify this piece please? Is it murano? Is it Italian?

Can someone please help me identify this creamer/pitcher? I think it may be Italian and likely Murano. I found an exact creamer on another forum and they said it was likely Italian. Then recently (searching ebay) I found a tumbler in the exact same pulled feather aventurine design with a "Vetro Artistico Veneziano Murano" sticker label on the bottom. Is this an authentic piece of Murano and could it have been made by this factory?
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thumbs up Love it

Hi Ryan,

I do not know if it is Murano and perhaps one of the Senior Members will be able to state if it is. I tend to think that it is Murano regardless of the final outcome it is a magnificent piece!!
    Cheers,

Pam

Thanks for the insight Pam :-), I think it is wonderful myself!

Smile

Hi Ryan

This vase is more than likely Murano but quite possibly Czech as the pulled feather pattern was a common technique used. This is not to say it is NOT Murano as the Aventurine technique used with dispersion of either Copper filings throughout the glass is quite a common Murano technique

The Venetian twist handle is also another sign of Venetian Glass so with that in mind, it is more than likely Murano but as has already been said, a stunning piece none the less

Dean

Dean,

Much appreciated for breaking down each part of this piece and helping me to better understand where it might have come from. I had overlooked the twisted handle as another clue! So thanks for pointing that out too. This forum has always been helpful and the members just outstanding.

Thanks Again for the help,
    Ryan
    Last edited by schlatterryan; 10-26-2013 at 03:10 PM.