Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seguso Bird/Penguin/Eagle

Default Seguso Bird/Penguin/Eagle

Would someone please check the following link and render an opinion on the authenticity of the item. There have been a handful of these lately:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc

Welcome to the forums! It is board policy that active ebay auctions are to remain uncommented on in order to avoid disputes with sellers.
    Charlie--- Fossilfly Imports
    Murano Glass

Visit the Murano Label Library

The listing is no longer active.

It's real and it is from Seguso AV (Livio Seguso). A very common form of a kiwi. Some are signed and some are not signed. I have even seen this same form he created for a german glass company called GralGlas. Yours is signed and labeled so it is definitely Murano in origin. Hope this helps.

tam bam

P.S. I noticed you put in the description that it is Archimede Seguso. Livio is related to the Seguso and Barbini families of Murano.
    Last edited by tam bam; 04-24-2012 at 02:24 PM.

That is not my listing - just one of the two or three lately that caught my eye. I was going to make an offer on it but it went poof while I was asking questions. I asked the guy why the "Archimede Vintage" in the description but he did not answer since the item had just sold. My assumption is that he thought that was what the "AV" after "Seguso" was all about. Go figure.

Anyway, I just got back from picking up another off of a CL listing. Sticker but no signature. Will post some pics soon. I guess I just wondered why I have not seen more of these around here (zoo?) if it's a relatively common piece.

Thanks much for the comments!

Here are pics as promised.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

A very nice little bird. Minimalist design but done very effectively.

David

I would love to put your bird in the Murano Zoo. If you will email me your name, I'll give you credit for the photo. The birds are common -- I call them pips -- but no one has sent one that was clearly identified to company. I just sold a green one that was made for Oggetti. They were also made for Seguso AV and, as Tami mentioned, for Gralglas of Germany. There is also one that runs on eBay occasionally that has a forged Pino Signoretto signature. Forgeries drive me nuts.

It may be that more than one company makes the birds. That happens a lot in Murano, particularly with forms like this one. It is nice to find one that is clearly identified. And I love the color.

How do I send you my name?

And yes, the color is very nice. You can see in the eBay listing (not the same bird) how it picks up from it's surroundings.

Thanks.

Oops, I forgot to include my email. It is acaudle52@gmail.com.