Thread: One more try

Default One more try

After my initial posting on what turned out to be a chinese clown, I was a bit tentative about a second item I had totally forgot about. But nothing ventured, nothing gained right? When i bought this, I wasnt even thinking about it possibly being Murano, but after seeing a similar cat online a week ago(same exact type of eyes) being described as a 1950's piece and then seeing another item(not a cat) with the same silvery look as this one has inside, i just have to ask. Murano? If yes, maker and possible value? Some of the darker area on top is actually green interspersed with black, but the lighting wasn't the best
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Sometimes I feel like a harbinger of doom. Your cat is contemporary Chinese. Many different animals were made with this type of decoration. It isn't a bad cat, just Chinese. I see this type animal advertised as Murano or Murano-style quite often.

Well it was worth a shot. As you said, its not a bad cat, in fact, the pics don't do it justice and the upside is with the clown and this piece together, i don't even have a total of $20 invested and didn't even have expectations with this one, more just a curiosity. At least if i decide to sell either of them, i dont have to wonder if i'm selling too low, but for now I think I'm going to put this one on a shelf in my office and enjoy it for a bit. Thanks for your help, i have learned a lot in the short time i have been here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazC50 View Post
    Well it was worth a shot. As you said, its not a bad cat, in fact, the pics don't do it justice and the upside is with the clown and this piece together, i don't even have a total of $20 invested and didn't even have expectations with this one, more just a curiosity. At least if i decide to sell either of them, i dont have to wonder if i'm selling too low, but for now I think I'm going to put this one on a shelf in my office and enjoy it for a bit. Thanks for your help, i have learned a lot in the short time i have been here.
    You definitely have the right attitude towards collecting, buy what you like and don't spend too much :-) Enjoy the forums, and thanks for sharing your cat.
    Charlie--- Fossilfly Imports
    Murano Glass

Visit the Murano Label Library