Thread: Is this Murano?

Default Is this Murano?

I tried posting this twice but it won't work so i'm trying again. I was told this is Murano-but i'm trying to get a positive identity on it. Its beautiful and very heavy. Not sure if its a bowl or what and if it is real-what kind of value does it have? It is from the 60's-70's. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

This looks like the type of Murano glass bowl that was imported into the US by Jordan Import Co (JICO) in the 1960s. I saw a blue one like it last night. They are very handsome bowls.

Ohhh ok thanks a lot-will have to try to look it up then see if I can find anything like it to compare it with. Any value to it do you think?

So does that mean it is a Murano-just imported here through that company?

Not much value in JICO pieces because a lot were imported. JICO bought from other companies and also had its own furnace in Murano, according to what the daughter of the owner wrote. The bowls like yours are some of the better things marketed by them. They are very pretty and well made.

Yes, it is made in Murano. There were certain import companies, e.g. JICO and Norleans that imported a lot of Murano during the 1960s-70s. We usually have little information about who made the pieces imported, so the best we can do is call them JICO or Norleans.

Ok -so if I said my mom got it at Kmart would that be believable? lol Do you know what this piece is called or a value of any kind?

Kmart? When? I answered the value question a few messages back.

Ok I didn't see the whole message when you said about value til now, sorry about that. My mom said she got it in the late 60's but thinks it was a gift-and when I said oh she said jokingly yeah probably from Kmart!