Thread: Not sure what Kind it is...help!!

Default Not sure what Kind it is...help!!

got this clown not too long ago and i want to find out a little more information about my new friend.

Im curiouse to find out the maker and if it might be worth some $$.

Thank you all

Ceor89, I do not know who made your clown. We have some clown people on the group, but I have a feeling they are also at a loss because your clown does not look like Murano glass. I wondered if it was made from either recycled or bottle glass. I do not think it has much value other than the enjoyment that it gives. Hope this helps a little.

Default Clown

Hi, you clown is a result of the end of day mix commonly known as a frig, it is Murano but not worth a lot of money as it would have been made for a tourist entertainment piece by a learner or apprentice,they were usually discarded. still collectable though

Hi Ceor89 I agree your clown is not Murano in origin ,in saying this I take into account the following ,type of glass not used in murano clowns , overall style ,poor quality of execution of item, colour of glass in body of clown,feet & neckbow never seen before on murano clown .Its overall poor quality leads me to suggest its origins are far from murano.Thats my opinion others may differ.Cliff
    Last edited by artifice; 02-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.

No idea of the origin but I think its SPLENDID!!! Clowns always bring joy right!!

If you type in murano clowns you will find a site with alot of pictures of murano clowns. I have 3 clowns and after looking at the site decided mine were not murano most likely chinese, mine are nice looking, but not as nice as the ones I seen on that site, which is why I never bothered to post pictures of my clowns here.