Thread: Who Made My Duck ?!!!

Default Who Made My Duck ?!!!

This is such a quality piece with superb workmanship..but who do you think made it ? any ideas welcome.it is without doubt my favorite piece

[IMG[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Many Thanks ....

Gorgeous. My first guess was Gambaro & Poggi, they seem to make a lot of striped pieces, but have absolutely no idea if this is correct or not. Very well done.
    Charlie--- Fossilfly Imports
    Murano Glass

Visit the Murano Label Library

its another one of my "car-boot" sale finds ...about 10yrs ago..a snip at 5

5! I'll give you 10!

It looks like Barovier & Toso graffito (I think it's called). These sell for quite handsome prices. So jealous!

There was a fish that was for auction on eBay that was made using this technique. The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/BAROVIER-MURANO-...item1c0ffd26a1. The asking price was a bit much for the present economy. People are not buying too many expensive things right now.
    Last edited by TxSilver; 02-12-2010 at 09:21 PM.

I checked and the technique is called graffito. What a wonderful duck!

WOW......... what can i say a BIG BIG thanks for your assistance ...i have now looked & found a few other pieces on the net with a similar Graffito technique and its sooo nice to know who made it ....i guess i was VERY lucky that day...and i can recall an antique dealer i know very well wanted to buy it off me on the day i found it...he offered 70 ! and pestered me all day.... but its not about money for me...i love it and will never part with it
    Last edited by Bug2001; 02-13-2010 at 06:07 AM. Reason: added more

Bug you are sooooo lucky to have such a great find! I see why the antique dealer bugged you all day. I would have too if I were there. LOL! Very nice duck. I had to take a double take at him/her. I need to go to the UK and go to some of these car boot sales because people are findings some rare finds there for next to nothing. I just live in the wrong part of the world or something. LOL! Take care of your lovely new duck.

tam bam