Thread: Camer Glass - Murano Chandelier

Default Camer Glass - Murano Chandelier

I just inherited this chandelier and I am wondering if anyone knew the value. It is supposedly Model N-3360 from the 1960's. Imported by Camer. I am inclined to sell it if I could find the value. The condition is very good to excellent.

Thanks in advance...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

this auction recently closed on ebay. looks to me like the same chandelier as yours.
    camer 3360 chandelier

bidda

Quote Originally Posted by biddaeverything View Post
    this auction recently closed on ebay. looks to me like the same chandelier as yours.
    camer 3360 chandelier

bidda
    I guess ingpublic is looking to make a quick flip?

Camer was a well known importer, it was probably made by one of the better known houses in Murano. I have seen a similar chandelier, banded with lattino but don't remember who made it.....

I believe they are made to be reminiscent of Easter or Cala lillies.
    Last edited by glassman; 10-01-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    Alex

Just to reinforce Glassman's point about Camer. I have a Camer chandelier that may be a Venini. I bought it on eBay for not too much, but it was a risk. Ebay chandeliers don't seem to do that well because of the risk factor. If one of glass piece is broken, you're out of luck.

There's a NY antique store, Venfield, that sells old Murano chandeliers. It's at http://venfield.1stdibs.com/search.php?cat=B

Worth looking at and gasping at the quality and the prices. I wonder if they would be interested in your chandelier? Even if you got 1/2 of what they were selling it for, you'd be getting more more than you'd get on eBay.

David

a NY antique store, Venfield, that sells old Murano chandeliers. It's at http://venfield.1stdibs.com/search.php?cat=B
    Thanks for posting the link to the chandeliers, I was not aware of the company or site. There seems to be volumes written on Murano, but very little information on lighting. I will add the link to the Murano sites thread so it doesn't get lost in the forums.
    Charlie--- Fossilfly Imports
    Murano Glass

Visit the Murano Label Library