PDA

View Full Version : Vetri Murano numbers

artifice
02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi It is my intention to try to gather a list of known V.M numbers, that is those from the Venice glass Consortium started in 1981, so would anyone who knows for sure, who any of these number are attributable to, please private message me I know who 001 008 019 022 are so other than these I would be pleased to hear.

I think it would be of great benefit to all as they crop up regularly and if known can I.D a piece. please note not the current Promovetri numbers. Cliff

fossilfly
02-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Update 5/6/12

After a short email conversation, Emanuele from Promovetro, the current Murano Glass Consortium (www.muranoglass.com (http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/www.muranoglass.com)) and successor to the Vietri Murano program, was good enough to forward the following list of Vetri Murano numbers that they have compiled. Apparently there are no remaining records or catalogs, so the list had to be recreated, in a manner similar to our efforts. Both of the lists share similarities, a testament to the research and knowledge of the forum members. However, some of the numbers were previously unknown, and are a welcome addition to our efforts. Thanks again to Promovetro for freely sharing their knowledge.

Name Vietri Murano Number
Carlo Moretti Srl 001
Venini 002 (022 ?)
Cristalleria Santi 003
Vetreria LAG Srl (Melograno BLU ?) 004
Salviati 006 (007?)
Barovier e Toso 007
Mandruzzato (?) 008
Lucio (Licio ?) Zanetti 010
Aureliano Toso S.p.a. 012
Murano Due 012
A.V. Mazzega Srl 014
Effe Due Murano 016
Sent Glass Studio 018 (?)
Bucella 019
Anfora di Ferro Renzo 021
Effetre International 023
F.lli Barbini Snc 027
Bisazza Vetro Srl 030
Seguso Gianni 032
Archimede Seguso 037 (?)
Gambaro e Poggi Snc 039
Marcello Furlan 040
Formia Srl 041
Signoretto Silvano 043
Arte 80 (?) 043 (?)
Oball 044
Seguso Vetri d' Arte 056
Gino Cenedese e Figlio 056 (045?)

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= +=+=+=+=+

The below list of Vetri Murano labels comes from members, the Murano Label library and forum threads.

"001" Carlo Morretti

"004" : Melograno Blu

"006" Salviati with a label:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=133

"007" Barovier & Toso

"008" A Mandruzzato vase with an "08" label.

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=186

"010" Lucio Zanetti

"012" Murano Due

"016" Effetre Due Murano - Thanks Jerry!

"018" G. Sent Glass Studio. Thanks thekanenator!

"019" Bucella Cristalli Murano with a "019" label:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=87

"022" A Venini lamp with a "022" label:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=115
and
http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=63

"023" Effetre International S.r.l. - thanks TXSilver

"039" :Gambaro & Poggi

"040" :Marcello Furlan (or whatever company he worked for). - Thanks TXSilver

"041" : Formia

"043" - Signoretto Silvano Srl and Arte80 with a "043" label:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2466
and Arte 80
http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=8705

"044" - Oball

"045" - Cenedese
http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=11984

"056" - Seguso Vetri d'Arte

fossilfly
03-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I just added Carlo Moretti as "001" to the list. As the list gets larger, I will create a table for ease of reading.

TxSilver
03-31-2010, 05:38 PM
I have a Formia cockatoo with both a Formia and a VM label. The number on the label is 041. The number doesn't show up in the picture, unfortunately. The label is torn and warped. The labels look like they were removed and stuck back on.

TxSilver
04-04-2010, 12:24 PM
There's an apple on eBay that has a Gambaro & Poggi label and a VM label that reads 039.

fossilfly
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Anita, thanks for posting, I updated the first post with your info.

TxSilver
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I have a picture of a Zanetti Murano crane that has a VM label. The number on it is 10. (There is only the two digits on this label, instead of the 010 that we would expect.)

Jurgen
04-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi all...............I don't believe 022 is correct for Venini! I have yet to see 022 Vetri label along with a Venini label on the same piece of glass. In our Murano Glass Label Library, Label 119, now that has a Venini label and Vetri 002 label on the same piece of glass!!
BTW Cliff..................If you want the list of 47 members from 1983, let me know..................Jerry

Jurgen
04-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi all..................I found some of my notes! I have Mandruzzato with 08 clear Vetri label and 008 white Vetri label (I think I posted these labels). I have Signoretto Silvano Srl at 043 in my notes and 044 for Oball (Vetreria Artistica).....................Jerry

artifice
04-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi jerry do you have the full list or The Murano glass consortium ,1983 if so it would be extremely helpful to all if you want to e-mail it to me or post it on this thread , 022 for venini comes from this forum Label library Ithink it right ,what makes you think otherwise. Cliff

Jurgen
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Cliff...............The list of glass firms is from the "Glass in Murano" Catalogue from 1983. "Murano Glass" and "VM"were created in1981 by the Venice Glass Consortium. By 1983, there were 47 industrial and handicraft firm members. The catalogue lists the firms names, but not their numbers. As for the two Venini numbers, it just seems odd to me. I can see more than one firm having the same number, as some old firms opt out and new firms join in! But I can not see any firm changing their numbers in the middle of a ball game!! It would just be too confusing to everyone! And then why have numbers at all?......................Jerry

artifice
04-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Jerry I completly understand how confusing it gets Jerry ,The Venice Glass consortium(1981) gave out numbers in theory to hold firms accountable for standards and attempt to instill confidence in and rebuild the notion of craftmanship,membership was not compulsory so some furnaces joined and some did not ,this consortium folded for reasons not known to me only to those directly involved.The current consortium Promovetro who I have contacted several times say they have no association or detailed knowledge of the (1981) consortium as I initially contacted them for the (1981) consortiums list of numbers pertaining to Murano glassmakers without success they say these consortium are two completely different entities and nothing remained of past(1981) papers.Now I purchased two bottles with a V.M. number 001 which under Promovetro is Futura t&b under (1981) consortium Carlo Moretti and as far as I can gather Carlo Moretti still in buisness has no Promovetro number now i.e has not joined Promovetro so with both consortium it seems membership was and is optional.I think these consortium are themselves buisness entities at least in part taking on a quasi policing role funded in part by the registration fees of members certainly the (1981) consortium vanished without trace.Cliff

Jurgen
04-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Hi all..........Here is a list of firms that are in the catalogue "Glass in Murano" of 1983. The catalogue was produced with the sponsorship and financial backing of the Veneto Region and the Venice Chamber of Commerce, with the collaboration of: The Association of Industialists in the Province of Venice; The Association for Small and Median Industries in the Province of Venice-API; The Venice Craftsmen Association; and of the various Consortiums: The Venice Glass Consortium; Conexport; The Venetian Artistic Handcrafts Consortium "Venezia Artigiana". This list is surprizing for who's on it and who isn't! Here goes: ANFORA; TOSO VETRI D'ARTE S.r.l.; SVA S.r.l.; NASON & MORETTI S.n.c.; CARLO MORETTI S.r.l.; EFFETRE INTERNATIONAL S.r.l.; BIBIERRE S.n.c.; LA FENICE VETRERIA; GALLIANO FERRO; UMBERTO CAVAGNIS; SEGUSO ARTE VETRO; SALVIATI & C. S.p.a.; EFFE DUE MURANO; ANTICO FORNO SAN MARCO; PAOLO ROSSI MAESTRO VETRAIO; PIERO RAGAZZI; VETRERIA ARTISICA ALT; FERRO & CIMEGOTTO; VALLE VALERIO; SALVADORI; CREAZION GHISETTI MURANO; LADY GLASS; SENT GUGLIELMO; PAOLO LINZI; MARIO & FRANCESCO BALLARIN; CHRISTALLERIA SANTI S.n.c.; PANIZZI EUGENIO; MANDRUZZATO; DECORAZIONE ARTIGIANA VETRO; ONGARO FUGA; S.A.L.I.R.; F.LLI BARBINI; LOREDANO ROSIN; SEGUSO VETRI D'ARTE S.n.c.; GINO CENEDESE & FIGLIO; VE ART S.r.l.; F.LLI ZAETTILICIO & LUCIANO; VINCENZO NASON & C. S.p.A.; FORMIA & C. S.r.l.; FERRO & LAZZARINI S.r.l.; A.V. MAZZEGA S.a.s.; EFFETRE MURANO S.r.l.; VETRERIA DE MAJO MURANO S.r.l.; F.LLI FERRO S.n.c.; CENEDESE GIOVANNI; AMADI BRUNO; VITTORIO COSTANTINI.............................Jerry

fossilfly
04-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Jerry I completly understand how confusing it gets Jerry ,The Venice Glass consortium(1981) gave out numbers in theory to hold firms accountable for standards and attempt to instill confidence in and rebuild the notion of craftmanship,membership was not compulsory so some furnaces joined and some did not ,this consortium folded for reasons not known to me only to those directly involved.The current consortium Promovetro who I have contacted several times say they have no association or detailed knowledge of the (1981) consortium as I initially contacted them for the (1981) consortiums list of numbers pertaining to Murano glassmakers without success they say these consortium are two completely different entities and nothing remained of past(1981) papers.Now I purchased two bottles with a V.M. number 001 which under Promovetro is Futura t&b under (1981) consortium Carlo Moretti and as far as I can gather Carlo Moretti still in buisness has no Promovetro number now i.e has not joined Promovetro so with both consortium it seems membership was and is optional.I think these consortium are themselves buisness entities at least in part taking on a quasi policing role funded in part by the registration fees of members certainly the (1981) consortium vanished without trace.Cliff

Yes, both organizations are optional to join, and it is not inexpensive to do so, so some smaller firms tend not to join due to the expense. Case in point, Venini was in the original (1981) group but is not in Promovetro. A lot of their efforts are directed towards educating consumers while in Venice, they have window stickers, pamphlets and take out ads on the Vaporetto's. As a retailer, I think Promovetro is great, but sometimes it seems like it is fighting against the tide.

Jerry, Thanks for posting the additional info, now we just have to match the numbers:confused: When I have some time, I will create a table rather than just a list so it is easier to read.

Jurgen
04-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi all...............I also have their addresses and phone numbers from 1983. Let me know if you want these...................Jerry

Jurgen
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi all............I went to the La Fenice web site and on their cover page, in the lower left corner, it states: Our products are certified by the Artistic Murano Glass. No dealer 042. I wounder what's that about...................Jerry

fossilfly
04-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi all............I went to the La Fenice web site and on their cover page, in the lower left corner, it states: Our products are certified by the Artistic Murano Glass. No dealer 042. I wounder what's that about...................Jerry

It's their Promovetro number. I have some items from them I will check the number, but it seems correct.

TxSilver
05-24-2010, 01:39 AM
I ran across a Salviati bowl set that had a plastic Salviati sticker and a VM sticker with 007.

artifice
07-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi looking at post by clarkin to which I replied but no pics he/she mentions it has Verti label 003 his stemware was made by Cristalleria Santi so it looks like they are 003 I hope they post pic Cliff

artifice
08-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Hi Giovanni Moretti younger brother of now deceased Carlo Moretti was President of Consorzio Venezia Vetro ie the 1981 consortium perhaps thats why Carlo Moretti s Number was 001 unfortunately the C.Moretti firm which he runs is poor at answering questions.Cliff

TxSilver
08-02-2010, 04:40 PM
There is a thread on another group that 040 is Marcello Furlan (or whatever company he worked for). The link is http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,35146.0.html.

fossilfly
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
There is a thread on another group that 040 is Marcello Furlan (or whatever company he worked for). The link is http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,35146.0.html.

Very interesting, thanks for the info, I'm assuming he is the son of Walter Furlan? Update: I just answered my own question. :-) Looks like he is more of a freelance designer.

Born in Venice in 1962 to a Murano family, Marcello Furlan owes his passion for blown glass to his father, a master glassmaker. In 1984 after having studied architecture for several years at Venice University, he began work in his family’s glass business. During this period he was responsible for designing and developing new decorative glass features and objects. In 1998 he began a career as designer of lighting fixtures, in parallel with his other career as a freelance graphic artist in advertising.

http://www.allmodernlighting.com/Axo-Light-USBLUM31C-AXO1049.html

TxSilver
08-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I was making a copy of all the numbers and noticed that there are two VM numbers for Salviati. Both of them were from pieces that were identified with labels or signatures. I wonder if Salviati had two companies, each with a VM number or if one of the pieces seen has a label/signature problem.

TxSilver
08-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I just found this listing for an Effetre dish: http://vandm.com/Effetre-Murano-Filligrana-Latticework-Glass-Platter/3_239_37=998_39=167_42=622_product=207869.aspx?fie ld=44. The VM number on the label is 023.

I bought a bird that has a VM 023 label on bottom. Strange thing is the label is divided into four sections, just like the one on this bowl. The bird I bought is an amber one that was made in a 2-part mold. Tami has one molded bird that was made by Seguso VdA. Now there is a second one from Effetre. (I was kind of hoping mine would turn out to be Seguso, but Effetre is okay. It's different, so great for the Zoo.)

fossilfly
08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the info, I will add it to the list of numbers!
The labels were intentionally scored to make it almost impossible to remove intact and place it on another piece of glass. Some of the promovetro labels were made this way also, if I recall correctly.

Jurgen
08-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for posting VM # 023 Anita!! Which is of course Effetre International S.r.l. and not to be confused with Effetre Murano S.r.l.!!..........But here is something I am confused about. "A Venini lamp with a "022" label"
http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=115
and
http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/album.php?albumid=5&pictureid=63
The pink "mezza filigrana" lamp looks like an Effetre Murano lamp to me!!
The piece of glass with VM label and Venini label looks good, but if you look closely, the number is "002"!! Can some explain this to me!!
BTW the VM number for Effe Due Murano is "016"!
Jerry

tam bam
08-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Now I am really confused also. :confused:

tam bam

artifice
08-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi Jerry interesting post and I agree with all that you say,Effetre International S.r.l is different from Effetre Murano S.r.l who specialize in lamps & lighting Lino Tagliapietra worked for Effetre International they made vases and decorative objects ,effe Due Murano make glasses as in tableware and thanks for V.M number I hope Charlie adds to list.Now the Venini numbers as far as I have seen Venini is 022,strange then that a label with 002 appears next to a Venini label is it an attempt at deception, I know who 001 is and 003 but not 002 as yet so when we find the owner of the 002 number it may solve the mystery,I dont know what type of item it is on,another possibility is that the wrong V.m label was sent to Venini and they put them on without noticing the error only surmising here I dont have conclusive answer,thanks for your intelligent post .Cliff

Jurgen
08-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi Cliff.......................Of course another possibility is Venini is 002 and 022 is some else? My understanding is that Venini was a member for only a short time. Maybe some one could write to them and ask? I still am undesided as to what is what........................Jerry

tam bam
08-14-2010, 08:36 AM
I have another suggestion regarding Venini. Maybe they changed their number because Venini changed names and was bought out by a different family in 1985. Could this be a possibility?

Vetri Soffiati Muranes Venini & C. (1925-1985)

Venini S.p.a. (1985)

tam bam

artifice
08-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi Good thinking Tami that company was Gardini & Feruzzi who were mainly concerned with food production, they also bought Salviati & co in 1988 from then on all Salviati production was made at Venini S.p.a they then sold again in 1995 to a Frenchman their production continued at Venini S.p.a.Its a possible for why the two numbers, we would have to find a piece pre 1985 and one produced after 1985 both labeled to prove this theory correct so as with most things Murano work in progress.Cliff P.S That Venini, decal next to the 002 Vetri number was introduced in 1980s Murano Glass, Themes & Variations,Marc Heiremans.Cliff

tam bam
08-14-2010, 07:59 PM
I have the same Venini decal (round Venini decal) on my purple vase that is signed '85. I would take a pic but the vase is so deep purple that it is hard to tell it is even on my vase. I hope this helps.

tam bam

TxSilver
08-14-2010, 10:13 PM
This might be why Salviati pieces have been found with two different numbers, too.

artifice
08-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Hi Just to summarize where we are at ,Since Venini & Salviati both changed ownership in 80s to the same company ,during the era of the 1981 Venitian Glass consortium label,then perhaps this new company applied for change of ownership to consortium who then gave new numbers to both Venini & Salviati to mark the change hence its possible to find Venini & Salviati items with 2 different numbers on label,an interesting possibility we may have stumbled upon,in my opinion it has merit , however more items of these makers with the second numbers found will have to materialize in order to substaniate this theory ,the theory looks good but evidence is required to see if it will hold water so keep eyes peeled.Cliff

Jurgen
08-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi all...........Look here for Vm o43........http://www.goantiques.com/detail,murano-birds-sku,1460256.html ..........jerry

tam bam
08-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Good work, Jerry! :D

tam bam

Jurgen
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi all............Look for Venini Vm 002 over here..............http://www.icollector.com/VENINI-C-Murano-Carlo-Scarpa-VaseTessuto-farblose-Glas-Dichte-Aufsehmel: ...............Jerry

tam bam
08-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Found another one. Here is one I found on Ebay today for 004

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-MELOGRANO-BLU-MURANO-VETRI-ITALY-HND-MADE-VOTIVE-VASE-/120600366345?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

tam bam

Jurgen
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
Let me try it again! http://www.icollector.com/VENINI/C-Murano-Carlo-Scarpa-VaseTessuto_farblose-Glas-Dichte-Aufsehmelzung-von-vertikale_i507897

tam bam
08-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi Jerry,

I tried your link regarding the Venini label and it is not directing to the page you want us to see.

tam bam

tam bam
08-23-2010, 05:41 PM
So Melograno Blu is the 004 vm number and I also found a light fixture with 012 on it and beside the Vetri Murano label is another label that is from ITRE lighting as the importer (I think?).

http://www.goantiques.com/scripts/images,id,1609855.html#image3

tam bam

P.S. - Just a little confused by Melograno Blu's history. Their site says the company started in 1997, but clearly the piece I saw had a Melograno Blu label on it so the piece must be an earlier piece if it has the VM label on it. I'm so confused now.

artifice
08-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi More fun on Verti numbers front, Itre are importers of Murano glass lighting ,they started in 1975 Murano Due start in 1982 this Venetian co employed artists to produce lighting for Itre, as Murano Due started in 1982 it is more likely that VM 012 belongs to Murano Due,as of 2009 both Itre and Murano Due are 2 companies within same group.so you are on were on the right trail Tami.Cliff

artifice
08-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi again as to Melograno blu or the blue pomegranate, I am suspicious when an item has labels a plenty ,its true what Tami said they started in 1997 in Bergamo Italy ,now in Venice as well as of 5yrs ago N.B. the Melograno label states Made in Italy I am not sure as yet if glass is claimed to be Murano produced prior to last 5yrs, as to 600f is that francs /dont forget Italy was Lira and those currencies have not been in use since Euro, offical as of 28th feb 2002 so it likely the item with labels was made prior to Melograno blu having studio in Venice,Bergamo is near Milan it could be the glass in question was bought in by Melograno and their label added and sold in France/belgium/switzerland who used francs.I personally see this item as an anomaly and no conclusions as to V.M number ownership should be drawn, as with alot of items more questions are raised than answered.Cliff

Jurgen
08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi all...........One more try http://www.icollector.com/VENINI-C-Murano-Carlo-Scarpa-VaseTessuto-farblose-Glas-Dichte-Aufschmelzung-von-vertikale_i507897

Jurgen
08-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi all.............A.V. Mazzega S.a.s.
...................Effetre Murano S.r.l.
...................Vetreria De Majo Murano S.r.l.
They all made very similar lighting in the early 80's.

Jurgen
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi all......Oball is 044 at http://etsy.com/listing/42451375/vintage-italian-art-glass-sommerso-pink Let's hope we can get a picture of every number!.............Jerry

artifice
08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Jerry good work a few more contributions to this thread will see progress.Cliff

fossilfly
08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I updated the first post to incorporate all the new findings, I should probably create a table at this point, the list is getting larger!

TxSilver
08-31-2010, 09:35 AM
found this page for Seguso Gianni: www.seguso.it/it/centro-tavola-vetro-di-murano-5.htm. It has that the old Murano (Vecchia Murano) VM number is 035. Seguso Gianni's new VAM number is 032, so this is probably referring to the previous number. I've viewed their website and history seems to be important to Gianni, so I'll bet they are VM 035.

Jerry found a couple more things on Antique Helper that he'll probably share soon. :)

Jurgen
08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi all............Barorier&Toso is VM 007 at http:www.antiquehelper.com/catalog-search?q=murano&page=76&sort= and Lucio Zanetti is VM 010 at http://www.antiquehelper.com/catalog-search?q=murano&page=128&sort= .......................Jerry

tam bam
08-31-2010, 04:01 PM
I wish everyone had pics like antique helper's website. That would be nice. That is one awesome duck! Thanks Jerry for your hard work and research. :D

tam bam

Jurgen
09-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi all............Found a LEUCOS vase today with VM sticker! My old and tired eyes can't make out the number. I know LEUCOS made tableware and lamps in the 80's and 90's. I think they are still in business. I wonder if there is any connection between ITRE and LEUCOS?
http://cgi.ebay.com/BEAUTIFUL-HUGE-MURANO-LEUCOS-VETRI-VASE-ITALY-/200490035236?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eae232824
Jerry

TxSilver
09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
It's not your eyes, Jerry. I don't think anyone could read that number. I had a hard time even looking at the auction with the navy blue background. My eyes are still hurting! I've never heard of the company, but that is not surprising. We talked in another group about 4-5 people who write the Murano groups deciding who was and wasn't in the books. Most companies and people we never learn about.

I don't like the vase much. Perhaps these types of preferences are what determine who is in the books. If the writers don't buy the pieces, they don't take pictures, and so on.

artifice
09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Hi Jerry & Anita Leucos is an associate company to the FDVgroup to which Itre Murano Due ,Aureliano Toso belong so Leucos glass is likely still produceing tableware as Murano Due only do lighting.Cliff

Jurgen
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I found a LEUCOS lamp with the VM 004.
http://cgi.ebay.com/LEUCOS-VITTORIA-TR-FLOOR-LAMP-MURANO-SHADE-MODERN-EAMES-/170531932065?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hashitem27b47ec7a1
I wonder what gives!! Didn't we see VM 004 with Melograno Blu sticker!!
And yes Anita, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or something like that!!
Jerry

artifice
09-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi Jerry good work 004 must be Luecos, The Blue pommegranite design co may have its goods made at these companies,heres the problem they only started up in 1996 and only in Murano past 5 yrs after the 1981 consortium was defunct I would treat Melegrano blus 004 as unexplainable at present.Cliff

Jurgen
09-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi Cliff........Didn't see your post before! Thanks for the added info!!....Jerry

fossilfly
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Here are a few photos of Cenedese glasses with VM labels

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3402

thekanenator
11-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Found this on ebay:

Item No.: 290633664320

056 - Seguso Vetri d'Arte

Not sure if this has been added to the list or if correct.

TxSilver
11-17-2011, 10:02 PM
What a great find. I've added it to my list. I didn't know the numbers went that high. I'm glad you ran across it.

fossilfly
11-18-2011, 10:57 AM
Found this on ebay:

Item No.: 290633664320

056 - Seguso Vetri d'Arte

Not sure if this has been added to the list or if correct.

Thanks for the info, I updated the list! So far this is the largest number to day.

thekanenator
11-19-2011, 01:27 AM
I am on a roll...

Here is 018, it is also engraved but I can't make out the signature...although it does look familiar the signature, i think another piece with this signature has been posted elsewhere...

Ebay Id: 370555230504

Anyone recognise it?

Maybe this one should be posted in other glass forums to get an ID on maker if no-one here knows...

TxSilver
11-19-2011, 01:46 AM
It looks like Sent, Murano. I've seen labels with the name Sent, but don't know anything about them. They are one of those companies that are obscure here in the US. They did some good work from what I've seen.

Great find, if Sent is what the name is. I didn't know they remained open after the Murano hey-day ended. I've heard so little of them.

thekanenator
11-19-2011, 01:51 AM
Hi TX,

I have requested pics so I can add it here. It is a lovely piece of glass and have contemplated actually buying it. Very well made.

TxSilver
11-19-2011, 01:57 AM
I just learned that Sent is a Murano name. There is one Sent that makes jewelry. It mentions the women were of the glassmaking Sent lineage.

TxSilver
11-19-2011, 02:00 AM
I found this link www.muranonet.com/moretti-norberto.html. It mentioned he worked in the G. Sent Glass Studio in 1987. Do you think we could be getting closer to Sent?

thekanenator
11-19-2011, 02:08 AM
I think we have hit the nail on the head TX!!!

When I first saw this piece before looking at all the pics I had thought it may have been Vistosi piece. Then I saw the signature. To be honest, I think we can confirm label 018 as G. Sent Glass Studio. Now all we need to do is find out more about this company! Do you think we have confirmed it?

It is interesting to see that Moretti Norbeto has worked with so many fantastic glass companies. Very intersting.

Really hope we can find out more about this company.

thekanenator
11-19-2011, 02:13 AM
I have just noticed he has a facebook and website. If I can get the pics I will email him and hopefully try and find out something...fingers crossed.

thekanenator
11-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Well wont be getting photo's out of this seller. They not interested in getting ID's. Best to avoid buying of this person. Quite rude :confused:

fossilfly
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Well wont be getting photo's out of this seller. They not interested in getting ID's. Best to avoid buying of this person. Quite rude :confused:

LOL, it happens. I will add 018 to the list as G. Sent Glass Studio. I agree the signature is pretty obvious. Thanks for the research, you are definitely on a roll!

TxSilver
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Maybe G. Sent with a question mark would be best. There were a few Sents apparently, and one may have made glass for another company. I would feel better if there was a label that had the company name.

So most likely 018 is Sent, but the signature is not sufficient for a firm declaration. Wish there was more Sent things out there so we could confirm.

thekanenator
11-24-2011, 05:08 AM
Probably a good idea TX. Hopefully we can narrow it down in the future. I really hate how 'retro' sellers have abosulety no regard to ID'ing the products they sell and are unwilling to be helped to ID the pieces they are selling.

Show me the money as they say in today's society.

thekanenator
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
I found another 004 for Oball...:confused:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vetreria-Artistica-Oball-Murano-Glas-Vase-Luigi-Onesto-Sommerso-/390401602134?pt=Glas_Kristall&hash=item5ae5bfb256

TxSilver
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM
That is the VAM (Promovetro) number instead of the VM number. It does get confusing.

thekanenator
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Okay thanks TX...i will leave the numbering up to everyone else and just stick to what I collect. Life is easier that way...:p

fossilfly
05-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Some great news in the search for ID's for Vietri Murano numbers! Promovetro just emailed me a copy of a list of the VM numbers they have compiled, apparently there are no copies or catalogs remaiing, so it had to be recreated. I updated the first post with the unedited Promovetro list for comparison and review. Enjoy and discuss!

TxSilver
05-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Woo Hoo! I haven't looked yet, but I know it will answer a lot of questions. :):cool:

colin1jeanne
07-22-2012, 11:11 AM
i hope this is the right place to contact cliff (ARTIFICE) could you please have a look at my formia shark and tell me anything about it c, cheers colin (newbie)

RobininBoston
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
I have a piece from Vetreria Ducale with a sticker with 036 on it.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Good Luck.

KalleLarson
07-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Good Luck.

Jurgen
01-13-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi all...........I've got some time this winter!! I haved deduced that Vm 037 is Salvadori G.(1983). The company got a name change in 1986 to Salvadori Giuseppe&Figli S.n.c. Their addresses remained the same.
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,28207.0.html

TxSilver
01-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Sorry it has taken so long to respond to this. It has been sitting in my mail for a few days, but I've been so lazy. It is nice to get some new information on the list. Thank you, Jerry.

Butheladich1994
06-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Without variants....

antiquerose123
10-10-2015, 02:56 AM
Another beautiful piece posted here:

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=22267#post22267