View Full Version : What is the name for this particular pattern?

tam bam
11-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

I am usually buying Murano glass but I was shopping for Christmas for my mother and she loves pottery. I purchased a Deruta pottery serving tray that I think she will love. Could someone please help me identify the name of the pattern. I would like to get her more for Christmas and would like to know for future reference.



tam bam

11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
This is a variation of a design known as "Cartocchio" (Gothic Floral). The design first appeared in Faenza about 1450. Idealized scrolled leafs and flower petals surrounded by patterns of fine scrollwork.

Walter Del Pellegrino

tam bam
11-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you very much Walter! I really appreciate your help. It is beautiful and I think my mother will be thrilled to receive it for Christmas. :)

tam bam